December 9, 2013

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year


Going through some older posts on this blog - this post on finding contentment really struck a note with me. We've been battling unsettled stomachs for many days now, and headaches and other simple ailments that we're ready to move on from. But I am reminded that each day, each circumstance is still ordained by God. And I won't find true happiness or joy in my place, but in the Person my life is hidden in, and that's Christ himself.

And--with all of the Christmas hub-bub you might already be worn thin with busy-ness and commitments or maybe feeling pressured to create and carry on family traditions, and thinking to yourself, "I thought this was supposed to be a season full of cheer and happiness! Isn't this supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year?" Yes it is, and it is! But only if we are finding our joy in Christ and the greatest gift he's given to us. Rather than everything else we are easily caught up in and find ourselves basing joy and happiness.

I encourage you to stop - re-prioritize some things, if you can, keep things simple, and breathe as you spend time meditating on the Son of God and His earthly beginnings of the ultimate sacrifice He would make on the cross.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Karina for writing all these words of encouragement. Your blog has always been a blessing to me when I take the time to read it. Your honesty is so refreshing and your wisdom is uplifting. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chelsea, thank you for stopping over :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karina!
    You have blessed me tremendously through your blogging the past couple years. I'd like to send you a Christmas gift to say 'thank you'! How would you like me to do this?
    In Christ,
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joanna, Wow, I am so humbled by this. I will get back to you via email.
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete