August 5, 2017

More Reads

I haven't yet started this book, but it's sitting on my side table thanks to my mom for ordering two copies, one for each of us. I'm looking forward to getting into it.
From the back:
Our limitations are by design. We were never meant to be God. But at the root of every sin is our rebellious desire to possess attributes that belong to God alone. Calling us to embrace our limits as a means of glorying God's limitless power, Jen Wilkin invites us to celebrate the freedom that comes when we rest in letting God be God.




As for fiction and what I'm reading at the moment, The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. This series is set in Botswana where an African woman is on the case. I just discovered that HBO and BBC have produced a tv series based on Alexander McCall Smith's novels. That might be interesting to take a look at.




School


I have placed a schoolbook order to be shipped to my home in Madagascar. If you were to ask the kids what they think, they would likely baulk at the idea of starting school soon. But I think I know better, as we have been on break since mid-April. It has been a very full summer, but everyone will appreciate routine when we get back into it. Besides getting excited about the new things we will dive into in the coming months, I'm also brainstorming ways to ease more gently into school. In the past I've thrown a pretty full schedule at the kids, head-on, with a sort of sink-or-swim mentality for us all to face. Without feeling like we are starting things late, or starting slow, I want to somehow ease into our routines. I would like this year to be different. I don't want us all to be "shocked" back into reality. Rather, ideally I want to rev everybody up, exercising each one's abilities until we're back up and running at 100%. We'll see how that goes.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment