April 7, 2017

Fullness & Messiness

Real life inside our home during a school week is full, and messy...

  • School books
  • Dishes & Snacks
  • Crafts
  • Readers
  • Lego
  • Lego... more Lego
  • Puzzles
  • BOOKS everywhere :)
I giggle inside when friends tell me how they can't believe how messy their house stays when the kids are home for school break. Yes, that's life with kids living in the house all day, everyday.

One thing that I'm so thankful for, is that we have a space dedicated in our home for the 'school stuff.' This doesn't mean that it doesn't get carted around the entire house, but it does mean that it all has its proper place when the day is over and done. I can leave the school space and go into a tidy living room, or into the kitchen and start the next thing.

I am fully aware that not everyone has such a setup.

I'm Thankful for this Space

Of course, not only is there just stuff everywhere related to school, but the attitudes flying around (mom included here) can also become quite a messy thing. If having my kids home and around me all day has taught me anything, not only is the house a mess most of the time, but our hearts are messy places too. We are all sinners and desperately need redemption by something other than ourselves. No matter how old we are, we are all battling our selfish desires, I'm reminding them; they are reminding me.

And on a more serious note, because stuff is simply just stuff...
It's Time To Go Home
I found this drawing online, after googling images trying to depict a believer's death.

For the past 2 years, friends of ours and fellow missionaries in Madagascar, have been journeying through cancer. The wife/mother, just a year or so older than me, gave birth to her fifth baby 3 weeks ago... after which time the doctors discovered the cancer she had been battling before the last pregnancy had spread through to her liver and was quite advanced. Yesterday she went to be with Lord; her suffering is over; her body is healed.

My heart is heavy, and our prayers and thoughts are with her family, her own mother who has been the caretaker of the new born babe, the granddaughter, and of course the other children and dear husband. We rest in knowing that God knows the rest of the story. He is good all of the time and knows exactly what He's doing.

On Our Side Table

The children and I started this book a week ago. It has been a great read so far!  

No comments:

Post a Comment