March 24, 2017

Life



Life is full right now. Full of paper dolls, Lego space ships, fixing bikes, chalk drawings, reading books, practicing piano, and enjoying classic tv shows like Brady Bunch & Home Improvement.

Even though this lifestyle we call homeschooling can be hectic, loud, and messy.... I will never stop loving how much time we have to be a family. Today we aren't being stretched in every other direction. Perhaps a season like that will arrive one day, but for now, I'm enjoying the empty calendar...  We have time to host small group with friends from our church each week, and we have time to gather ladies together to study God's Word. We have time to grocery shop and bring meals to friends who are tired.

And even though that all sounds great as I write it down, those niggling feelings of discontentment still leak into my heart. The unmet expectations, anxieties, and fear are trying to steal my joy. And yet God keeps giving me a sentence John Piper is famous for,
 "God is most glorified in us, when we are most satisfied in Him."

Growing


These are called celosia flowers or cockscomb flowers. The generic name comes from a greek word that means "burning" because of the flame-like tip.

They are crazy! They are spiky, but feathery. They sit in a pot outside of my front door greeting people who enter our home. 



On My Side Table

I recently bought the book Teaching From Rest with the audio narration. This book has been on my radar for a couple of years already, but I hadn't yet felt like I wanted to buy it. As we near the end of our school year, and I'm spending time online looking for new resources for the next year, I thought it was time to take a look at this book.

Sarah Mackenzie, author of Teaching From Rest, is speaking words I can relate to right from the beginning of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment