December 5, 2013

Advent

 How are you celebrating Advent this year?

I was going to put neat little notes in the pockets of our Advent Tree Calendar - you know the kinds of notes where you surprise the kids with fun little activities each day, special for December and Christmas?

This started me on an internet search, trying to find some ideas for crafts/activities - 24 days of ideas is a lot to come up with on my own, I thought.

After all my searching I did find one thing. I was completely overwhelmed with the thought of actually following through with any of these ideas, even though many of them were really great!

This year, we are reading through this book Bartholomew's Passage, given to us by my mom. Each evening after dinner, we are lighting another tea light on the mantel, and then reading the story. This is enough, this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment