February 20, 2013

What Is, Finding Your True Rest?


I seem to be receiving the same message from multiple sources simultaneously recently.

To Rest.

But there's so much I have to do.

So many need me.

I have always loathed the coined phrase "Me-time" as it sounds so selfish.

The problem is not in the phrase, but in the motive behind the phrase. If "me-time" is something we are constantly pining for, and it does nothing for us except feed our own selfishness, then probably, there's a problem. However, I was reminded this week that even Jesus took "me-time." In between feeding the five thousand and walking on water in the midst of a storm, he sent his disciples away so he could find solace with his Father in prayer. It wasn't that Jesus was pining for time alone, He was desiring intimate communion with the Life-Giver.

As moms we are giving giving giving, and then giving some more. Take some time this week to rest in prayer. If you're a tea-drinker, may I suggest in a teacup with a saucer? Even better, while tucked in bed listening to worship music, or reading. Take some time to think on what gives you true rest. And, with Jesus, seek to make a little time for it.

Related Post:  Permission to Take a Break

No comments:

Post a Comment