February 6, 2013

Wait for the Lord

I am anxious for God to do something...

In the anticipation of something great, miraculous, extra-ordinary, I am anxious. As I expect God to act within His very nature, I sin.

Do not be anxious about anything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.---Phil. 4:6 NIV


Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.---Ps. 27

Rather than spending our days anxiously waiting for what we think the Lord ought to do in any given situation, may our prayer resonate with Psalmist`s heart..........

I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living (Ps. 27) Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. (Ps. 23) To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame (Ps. 25)
The Lord Almighty---he is the King of glory (Ps. 24)


No comments:

Post a Comment