December 22, 2012

Redeeming Childbirth

A new book is being launched this week - December 24th


I encourage you to head on over to RedeemingChildbirth.com and take a look at Angie's launch video where she explains a little about her vision for this new resource available December 24th. Her heart is genuine as she shares passionately about wanting to unite women through this amazing experience, childbirth. She desires to encourage women overcome their fears--relating to an upcoming birth, or to overcome past feelings of inadequacy or disappointment, perhaps because of a birth experience you felt "went wrong" somehow.

I have experienced some disappointment about how I gave birth. I hadn't prepared myself for all possible medical interventions. And so after my first unplanned c-section, I was surprised at the feelings that followed. Rather than being completely ecstatic about my new beautiful daughter, I was distracted by feelings of failure, inadequacy, fears for next time... etc. After 3 more c-sections, God has taught me that pregnancy and birth is simply the beginning of a much bigger thing - motherhood and, by God's grace, hopefully raising more warriors for His glory!



7 comments:

  1. I remember that day so well Karina; to sit with Rob outside that OR theater while you underwent a general because you weren't getting adequate freezing from the spinal. The immense feeling of relief and thankfulness that washed over me when the pediatrician wheeled that bassinet with the tiny bundle inside out of the door and headed for the elevator with us in tow. We didn't even know the sex till we got inside the elevator and asked. Looking at Faith's tiny, beautiful face and watching Rob's as he looked at her in awe. She was so beautiful and I was just so thankful she and you were both OK; so thankful for the good medical care we have here and for God's hand in it all. I remember those very same feelings when I was sitting with Mary waiting for Matt to come out of the OR after Talia's birth. The arrival of every grandchild has been special to me and I am blessed to have each one in my life but when things are a bit "dicey" and don't go as expected you wait with your heart in your throat until they are safely in your arms. There is just something special as you look at their little faces with extreme gratitude that God has brought them and their Moms through it safely. You don't forget it. I know it was hard for you to work through those feelings and some people really do get stuck there; I'm thankful you worked through them quickly and let God help you to look at the bigger picture and have moved on to the tasks of "today". And I'm very thankful for 11 beautiful grandkids including the 2 who we didn't even know about until they were almost 7 mo old and the 2 that became ours the day Matt married! I pray every day God will keep them safe and they will grow to love and serve Him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Despite my hesitancy to have anybody at Faith's birth besides her daddy, I am so happy that you were there as our support system. It blessed all of us.

      Delete
  2. I love your cesarean photo! so lovely!!!

    Aprille @ beautifulinhistime.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Aprille. I also love your header photo on your blog. A great reminder for all of us. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much. I'm very partial to it myself. :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing your heart and a little glimpse into what you have walked through with the Lord by your side here. I pray the Lord uses this book to heal but also to help prepare those first time mothers to be looking for God, inviting God, and surrendering to whatever experience He allows... in all things... May our Lord be glorified! Thank you for your support of this ministry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, it's my pleasure to be a part of this powerful ministry. Becoming a mother is a huge intervention of the Lord, I believe!

      Delete