October 26, 2012

Mud Soaked in Grace

Happy Friday!
Today I would like to feature a blogger from:

"Deerfield, IL, United States. Always a traveler in a foreign land, I long for the mountains and the ocean. My Lord rescued me from despair and shame. I am learning the sufficiency of his grace. I am married to my dearest companion, and we were given three sons. This is a spilling over of our lives. You are kind to drop by."

Seda blogs at WaitingInTheWaters.blogspot.com. And one of her most recent posts really resonated with me as I watch couples search, find, and commit to marriage. In a world focused on "my happiness," she challenges the single person to quit focusing on how he may or may not be the one for me. So often people find themselves saying "I just don't know if he is the right one for me." Or, "How did you know that _________ was the one for you?"

She writes: "You are making your tastes, your needs, your values, your personalities as the central deciding factors. So really, you are loving you, not the other person. And marrying a person because you love you is generally a bad idea."

To read the rest of her thoughts on being "Mud Soaked in Grace", go here

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the link love. =) I am an MK myself. Originally from Malaysia, my parents were missionaries in Tahiti and Indonesia when I was little. It warms my heart whenever I "meet" other missionaries and MKs.
    Much joy to you and yours this day! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I was glad I found you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read a quote some time ago about this: "Don't concentrate looking for the right man. Focus on becomeing the right woman." ^_^

    Thank you for visiting my blog and left a comment. Please swing by again soon!

    Visit me:
    LeeAnne, Style N Season
    http://stylenseason.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete