July 30, 2012

A New Mission of Grace



a fresh vision

a Gracefilled Mission

I am excited to unveil my new blog GraceForThat.blogspot.com and my prayer, as I was preparing to create a new blog, has been that anyone who stumbles across it is simply encouraged to bask in the grace God lavishes on us, His children. There is grace for you!

I don't promise to be the most regular of bloggers, but I hope to share my gracejourney with you.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Sound easy enough? I'm learning that in order for me to really experience God's gracious direction in my life, I have to be willing to admit that I don't know what's best for me. I have to be willing to step back and listen, and wait. I'm not talking about passive living, I'm talking about Seeking the Lord. That's active! When my heart starts to palpitate a bit when one of my children is disobeying (again), or when my husband tells me he will probably be working late, I need to step back and trust God. My own understanding leads to disappointment, hurtful words, roller-coaster emotions... I need to be reminded of God's grace in my life, and trust that He will lavish even more grace to empower me to choose the right action in those difficult moments. Now, I'm not addressing earth-shattering, heart-wrenching difficulties in life here, (however, there's enough grace for those too!) but I'm talking about the daily nitty-gritty. You know: the empty toilet paper roll, the uncapped toothpaste, toys not picked up after you've asked twenty times, and countless other small things that can affect us in a big way.

My mission is a GraceFull one, because I am learning that as a child of Christ, the way I live my life in relationship towards others (especially those in my own family) must be me receiving God's grace in my own life, and then sharing it with those around me.

I hope you will join me.

Today I'm linking up with:
     Grace Laced Mondays

5 comments:

  1. This blest my heart this morning, thanks Karina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this, Karina; i was blessed reading it : ) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it was a blessing. I'm humbled and overjoyed to have you both along for the journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to read more. Please let me know when you put up a way to be a "follower". I use Google friend connect on my blog.
    http://www.countrifiedhicks.com
    http://www.facebook.com/countrifiedhicks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, you can follow GraceForThat by subscribing via email notifications for now. :) Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete