My Plans Will Unravel - And That's Okay.
We were blessed by such a good message in church this past Sunday, albeit a challenging one. God is on a mission. He has a grand purpose for everything that's happening. We aren't here by chance; we don't live where we live just on accident. We weren't born into random families. God's mission is all about bringing people to Himself for His glory.

I found this treasure in my garden this week---a passion fruit flower. I'm so glad I took the photo when I did too! Because the very next day it dried up. Such intricate detail contained in this flower. Gorgeous!
This is amazing and freeing.
I'm amazed, because the God of the universe didn't just create us and the world to sit back and look at it. We weren't created to be His marvel. No, we were created for a purpose. We were created to be put to use. He designed His creation for work that He has ordained.
I'm freed because this means things have purpose around me. I can trust that when I feel like my plans are spinning out of control, or something unexpected comes my way, it's not surprising to God--the grand conductor of the orchestra. My plans can unravel. I will feel like the rug's been ripped from under me. But it's okay. I trust in a bigger God. And ultimately it's not my plans that are going to accomplish His will. Rather, if I am willing to commit my ideas and path to God, I will trust that He can help me be flexible when it falls flat. That all is not lost, and that He has a greater purpose for what looks like a grand fail to me.
I'm freed because this means things have purpose around me. I can trust that when I feel like my plans are spinning out of control, or something unexpected comes my way, it's not surprising to God--the grand conductor of the orchestra. My plans can unravel. I will feel like the rug's been ripped from under me. But it's okay. I trust in a bigger God. And ultimately it's not my plans that are going to accomplish His will. Rather, if I am willing to commit my ideas and path to God, I will trust that He can help me be flexible when it falls flat. That all is not lost, and that He has a greater purpose for what looks like a grand fail to me.
On My Side Table

In My Garden
I found this treasure in my garden this week---a passion fruit flower. I'm so glad I took the photo when I did too! Because the very next day it dried up. Such intricate detail contained in this flower. Gorgeous!

Comments
Post a Comment