4 Ways to Involve the Littles in Your Kitchen
But for now, the children want to be where I am... they want to feel useful, and really be useful. I recognize that.
So, a few easy ways I've found to involve the small ones in the kitchen that can be somewhat helpful, and enjoyable:
1
Give her a butter knife and let her "chop" very soft carrots from chicken stock to go into a new batch of soup for lunch.
2
Forget the knives - let the kids rip up lettuce leaves for salad. One leaf at a time.
3
While shaping bread loaves, given them their own piece of dough to knead and shape. Yeast doughs are so much more fun to play with than play-doh. And make sure to bake the little 'loaf' for them along with your loaves!
4
Fill up the kitchen sink with water and suds and let them wash some plastics and pour water in funnels. Be prepared for a nice puddle on the floor below the chair they'll need to stand on. :)
Do you involve your littles in the kitchen?
I'd love to know how!



Comments
Post a Comment