July 21, 2017

Hear my cry, O God,
listen to my prayer,
from the end of the earth I call to you
when my heart is faint.

Lead me to the rock
that is higher than I,
for you have been my refuge,
a strong tower against the enemy.

Let me dwell in your tent forever!
Let me take refuge under the shelter of your wings!
For you, O God, have heard my vows;
you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.

Psalm 61:1-5 

God has a way of reminding me that there's a bigger plan outside of me... maybe that sounds obvious, but I'm a forgetful child.

His purposes are bigger and greater than what I could imagine. When I'm resting my faith in this, I'm somehow able to truly rest. It's when I'm hanging on to my ideas, agendas, and dreams that I'm the most anxious and discouraged.

If I can only live, teaching my children...showing my children, that this life is such a small part of the bigger picture of eternity, if we could live with a looser grip on this life and a greater expectancy of what's being prepared for those who place their trust in Christ's work----then perhaps we could live more peacefully, with less shaking us up, feeling like the rug has been ripped up from under us. He's got the whole world in His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment