February 18, 2013

Getting the Word in Our Face

We are in the middle of a series Cultivating a Hunger for God's Word and I am so glad you stopped by. I really pray that you are sensing God's gracious promptings to fill your mind with more of His Word and less of what matters to the world. He promises to bless those who delight in His Word, and these blessings equal happiness.

I would like to offer some practical ways you can get more of God's Word in front of your face, and then hopefully penetrating your heart! The bottom line is, without exposing the Word to our self,  how can we expect it to sink deep into crevices of our heart? It's like knowing the fridge is full of good food for nourishment, but not actually opening the door then putting the food into our bodies.

If you're struggling with reading the Word, perhaps try one or all of these:
  • Keep your Bible open in a "high traffic" area, so you can easily glance at a highlighted section throughout your day.
  • A Bible in the Bathroom?
  • Write out verses and tape them onto your mirror or nearby your kitchen sink. Somewhere you will see them often and be reminded to meditate on.
  • Scripture as the wallpaper on your computer's desktop.
  • Buy music CD's that are strictly Scripture set to music. Seeds Family Worship is an excellent one.
  • Download a FREE Bible app for your smart-phone. My two favorites are MySword, orYouVersion 



Just joining? This is Part 4 of a series, Cultivating a Hunger For God's Word. Read Part 1 here, Part 2, Part 3.

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning, I just wanted to check out your home page, and I love your heart and your blog. I just added you to my Blog List. Come visit my sweet friends on some of their blogs. You will fit right in. Sometimes it feels like no one wants to play with me :) But I would rather have a few dear blogging sisters then blog alone.
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete